On Friday 20 September 2002 05:34 pm, you wrote:

[...]
> It is not confusing, it is wrong. See below.
> This has been told tons of times, but I will try one more, just to see
> if I can sort things.

[...]

Since glibc needs to be compiled against a kernel, and as a result that
kernels header files needs to be used by other programs compiled/linked with
glibc, then if a newer kernel is being released does it not also follow that
the glibc package also be rebuilt against the new kernel and released at the
same time?

Guess this would also mean that all other packages would also have to be
rebuilt ... and,

This is begining to sound kinda like the chicken and the egg thing.

Perhaps a better choice would be to isolate the kernel dependant parts of
glibc into a seperate package and release that when ever the kernel is
upgraded?

Dave