--- tom447 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree completely. I just volunteered my entire
> Summer
> introducing Mandrake 8.2 to our local school system.

Awesome!  I might do that in a few years.

> I have stuck my neck out for Mandrake... as have
> other people
> in the school system here. PLEASE don't ship 9.0
> unless it's
> STABLE.

I agree with this sentiment.

> And please stop making massive changes to
> basic admin
> tools like RPMDrake. It worked wonderfully well for
> us in 8.2.
> Now, as far as I'm concerned, it's sadly broken.

You have got to be kidding.  rpmdrake was completely
broken and unusable in 8.x, and if it worked for you
at all you were quite lucky.  The old one needed to be
run through the shredder and burnt.  The new one is
great (it actually works!), and GC (the author) has
been very responsive to interface gripes/suggestions.
I don't remember hearing you talk about tree views
before, there was plenty of opportunity to get your
suggestions in.  If you explain yourself better, maybe
post-9.0 rpmdrake can get it (which you could still
use on 9.0), but don't yell at us because it's too
late for 9.0.

I do lament changes to things like printerdrake and
connection sharing that seem to have worked better in
8.x though.

PS - take the Reply-To: out of your mail client, I
almost sent the response to just you, in fact the list
has probably already missed a couple replies because
of that.