On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, [iso-8859-1] Götz Waschk wrote:

> This was already discussed on this list. I have to disagree, 700MB CDs
> are really common. I've never met a writer that could't write up
> to 703 MB on the cheap 700 MB CD-R.

It's not the writer's that are the issue, it's the millions of CD-ROM
drives that can't read them that are the issue, even for boxed sets.

> My old Teac CD-R 32S can do it, my
> girlfriend's ancient JVC drive can write them. You should really get a
> new CD writer. A cheap one for 5 EUR from ebay should be sufficient.

Another misconecption by Europeans and Americans. Just the shipping cost
alone on anything bought outside in Europe or the states is the same
price as a GPL set from Mandrakestore or half a club membership. There is
no local ebay, the closest is bidorbuy.co.za, which currently lists 5
writers, cheapest is approx $50.

Do we really want a distro that will install on fewer machines than
Windows XP, Redhat 8.1, SuSE 8.2, Lycoris, Lindows and Solaris 9
Intel???????

Buchan