On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 08:52 +0100, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
> I've also come to Tim's conclusion that we already now need more
> diversification than we have. But it's less a matter of encouragement
> but a question how to support it.
>
> One problem I see at the moment is the format of the reports-sent.db file:
>
>   test FAIL Data-FormValidator-4.63 (perl-5.11.2) x86_64-linux 2.6.30-1-amd64
>
> Right now a reporter will send a maximum of one pass and one fail for
> this distro/perl combination.
>
> Imagine a bughunter is trying out variations in the C compiler or in the
> toolchain or in installed versions of modules required or is bisecting
> perl. Then it would be wonderful to see the resulting variations in
> cpantesters. Currently the bughunter has to wipe out the one line in the
> reports-sent database to deliver more than one PASS or FAIL.

What about
sh Configure -Darchname='bisect-b3dc64032ba370e494dd752a46f2a53d'
for a different perl?

This should generate a different archname which is registered in
reports-sent.db. This would help at least for all new compiled perls,
not for the mentioned module version variations.
Quick hack solution for this might be: Change printed archname in
reports-sent.db to
$Config{archname}."-".$ENV{'CPAN_Reporter_Tag'} if defined.

Oliver
--
Oliver Paukstadt <pst...@sourcentral.org>