David Cantrell wrote:
Slaven Rezic wrote:

Related to this issue, I would like to encourage testers on Unix
platforms to test with an X display available. Currently meaningful test
results for e.g. Tk-related modules are practically missing.

If you can point me at the software, I'll install a fake X server on at
least some of my machines.  However, I really don't want random windows
popping up all over the place on the only one of my testing machines to
actually have a display, because it's also the same machine I use for
watching films on.

Ah, I've used Xvfb in the past to do this but not recently... Good luck using it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xvfb