On Apr 9, 2008, at 5:28 AM, Manfred Staudinger wrote:

> b) Firefox 2.0.0.13 ignores height completely.

Gecko (Firefox) does honour the height. But it uses the 'border-box'
model for <hr>. That means: padding and border-width are inside the
specified height. In the content-box model, the specified height (or
width) applies only to the content of the box (the way browsers apply
height (width) to any other block level element.

For more on the difference between the two models, see
<http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#box-model>

On Apr 9, 2008, at 7:36 AM, Alan K Baker wrote:

>> In non-IE browsers, when a border is shown it appears to be in an
>> inset style in two colors, but looking at your code, you don't set
>> border-style so I don't know where it inherits that from.

Most browsers have a border-style of 'inset' for the <hr> in their UA
stylesheet

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh