MEM wrote:

>> The point is to give layout to the links! By links I mean <a> elements
>> inside #mainMenu.
>
> Clear as water (on other times). I've learned that anchor elements are
> inline elements, and that the haslayout fixes, around the web world, may be
> directed, or not, to those inline elements.

This relates to anchor links. A link without layout sometimes doesn't
support a:hover correctly.

<http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/stacking-level-bug1.htm>

Check in IE6 and IE7 compared to compliant browsers that support a:hover
correctly.

[...]
> Several hours later,
> all looks ok on ie6 and fine on ie7 now.
>
> http://www.nuvemk.com/rebelate/rebelatehome/home8.html
[...]
> Thanks a lot,
> Márcio

Please correct the URL paths in your CSS to point to the correct
directory and you will have the background image of your links working.
The correct path is.

<http://www.nuvemk.com/rebelate/rebelatehome/images/hover.png>

Your CSS shows,

#mainMenu li a:hover, li a:active {
   text-decoration:none;
   color:#fff;
   background: #e00 url(../images/hover.png) no-repeat bottom;
}

#mainMenu li a.current {
   color:#F93;
   border:0;
   font-weight:600;
   background: #fff url(../images/hover.png) no-repeat bottom;
   padding:3px 10px 8px 10px;
}

where it should be this instead.

#mainMenu li a:hover, li a:active {
   text-decoration:none;
   color:#fff;
   background: #e00 url(../rebelatehome/images/hover.png) no-repeat bottom;
}

#mainMenu li a.current {
   color:#F93;
   border:0;
   font-weight:600;
   background: #fff url(../rebelatehome/images/hover.png) no-repeat bottom;
   padding:3px 10px 8px 10px;

Alan http://css-class.com/