On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM,  <vi...@graymatterstudios.ca> wrote:
> Hi. I have been lurking in this forum for a few years and have learned quite
> a bit from reading the posts. Now I have a question to ask.
>
> I am coding an html eBlast and have most of the CSS as inline but I also have
> quite a bit of css in the head. It seems MailChimp strips out the css in the
> head. Does anyone know how to get around this?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Vince Mendella
> graymatter studios

Here is the other page I mentioned:

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/post/3442/mobile-email-design-in-practice/

We use this method for *some* of our emails. Our own and for clients
interested in responsive benefits (which, frankly, they all should
be). You may not be looking for responsive emails - though it's a
pretty good idea - however they talk alot about what clients will do
with CSS in the head and inline.

That said, I agree that inline styles are the safest way to go. We
generally do all text styling with inline styles and have since
dropped old school <font> tags and the like. Watch out for spacing
methods. Margin and padding have flaky support.

Here are some other good resources:

http://www.email-standards.org/
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

Hope this helps!

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Front-End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com