On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Chris Rockwell <ch...@chrisrockwell.com> wrote:
> Thanks for sharing the links Tom, I see some good stuff there.  I have found
> (we run seasonal campaigns so it's been a few months) that we still need to
> use the <font> tag, especially for Outlook.  I look forward to trying it
> without though.
>

> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Tom Livingston <tom...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM,  <vi...@graymatterstudios.ca> wrote:
>> > Hi. I have been lurking in this forum for a few years and have learned
>> > quite a bit from reading the posts. Now I have a question to ask.
>> >
>> > I am coding an html eBlast and have most of the CSS as inline but I also
>> > have quite a bit of css in the head. It seems MailChimp strips out the css
>> > in the head. Does anyone know how to get around this?
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance.
>> >
>> > Vince Mendella
>> > graymatter studios
>> >

>> Here is the other page I mentioned:
>>

>> http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/post/3442/mobile-email-design-in-practice/
>>
>> We use this method for *some* of our emails. Our own and for clients
>> interested in responsive benefits (which, frankly, they all should
>> be). You may not be looking for responsive emails - though it's a
>> pretty good idea - however they talk alot about what clients will do
>> with CSS in the head and inline.
>>
>> That said, I agree that inline styles are the safest way to go. We
>> generally do all text styling with inline styles and have since
>> dropped old school <font> tags and the like. Watch out for spacing
>> methods. Margin and padding have flaky support.
>>
>> Here are some other good resources:
>>
>> http://www.email-standards.org/
>> http://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>>

>> --

I should have mentioned that the inline font styling we do is
generally set on the <td> tag. With the possible need to repeat on
elements inside the <td> such as <li>s, but it's been a bit since I
was in an email so I'm not remembering it all.

Above all, test, test, and then test.

We use emailonacid.com, and I know there are other similar tools.

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Front-End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com