Thanks everyone for all the helpful info and links. I have a lot to read over now.
Vince Mendella, CGD
graymatter studios

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 10:33:54 -0400, Tom Livingston <tom...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Philip Taylor <p.tay...@rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Chris Rockwell wrote:
>
>> If my boss' wife (or one of my freelance clients husbands) views one of
>> our sites on a 2005 laptop and shows him what it looks like in IE7 I
>> don't think "You'll have to file a bug report with Microsoft to get that
>> fixed" is going to fly. >
> But that is exactly the opposite scenario to the one I was discussing,
> Chris.  You are arguing "it may be necessary to hack in order to
> support legacy browsers"; I am arguing "it should not be necessary to
> hack, nor should we be prepared to hack, to support the leading-edge
> hardware (and related firmware) that is being forcefully marketed
> today". >
> Philip Taylor

We're sliding OT for the list quickly, but I'll add that my biggest
pain point is having clients ask that I support IE7. Leading-edge
devices (including desktop browsers) are beginning to support things
that barely have vendor prefixed support. I'm much more OK with that
than the former.

-- Tom Livingston | Senior Front-End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com