Tom sent me some screenshots and is also not seeing the effect on a Mac. I
checked around on our in house Macs, and this appears to be a Windows OS with
Firefox effect.  What we're seeing is an overall inflation of the entire page
(not just font size). Where on a 1920 resolution screen, Firefox is behaving as
if it's at 1280 and using that media query break point instead of continuing on
to the higher one. For the same container, Firebug shows a computed width of
1505px / Chrome tools shows a computed width of 1905px on the exact same screen
(1920X1080 screen resolution on the device).

I hugely  appreciate the feedback. It's brought to light that it's not just my
sites, but also the old ones as well as every single web site I've visited on
Windows high resolution with Firefox past version 28. I would love to say its
only inside this building, but my home computer has the same results. I'm going
to chalk it up to a hardware/browser combo issue and move on. For those that
can't see the inflation:

Chrome: http://i59.tinypic.com/rwnfc6.png
Firefox: http://i60.tinypic.com/200cs2d.png

@Eric: You are correct, the 62.5% is done for the base10 standardization as
this section of the stylesheet is used by non-CSS developers who will simply
use PX measurements if it requires any math. I  get better compliance and less
downstream cludge by making it so.

@Felix: The CSS on the Gallup sites are under my control (at launch anyway -
after that it escapes until a major evolution/redesign. That site is a first
crack at mobile first and is about half the size of the previous traditional
desktop first stylesheet. It contains about 1/3 of  the typographic fiddling
than previously (and has already begun to bloat). The bulk of the weight on
that particular stylesheet is in the private pages where there are extremely
complex dashboard layouts and wizards.

ELIZABETH DAVIES
Input | Intellection | Learner | Achiever | Belief

All information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
Only intended recipients are authorized to use it.