On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Davies, Elizabeth
<elizabeth_dav...@gallup.com> wrote:
> Tom sent me some screenshots and is also not seeing the effect on a Mac. I
> checked around on our in house Macs, and this appears to be a Windows OS with
> Firefox effect.  What we're seeing is an overall inflation of the entire page
> (not just font size). Where on a 1920 resolution screen, Firefox is behaving
> as if it's at 1280 and using that media query break point instead of
> continuing on to the higher one. For the same container, Firebug shows a
> computed width of 1505px / Chrome tools shows a computed width of 1905px on
> the exact same screen (1920X1080 screen resolution on the device).

Ok, so, to clarify:

The problem can be reproduced using Firefox > 28 (but what version of Windows)?

The demo page is here:

<https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/>

With that said, here are some screen shots:

1. Chrome 33, Mavericks OS X:

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1277106/gallupstrengthscenter/chrome-33-mavericks.png>

2. Firefox 28, Mavericks OS X:

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1277106/gallupstrengthscenter/firefox-28-mavericks.png>

3. Firefox 29, Beta, via Browserstack emulation:

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1277106/gallupstrengthscenter/firefox-29.0-beta.png>

4. Firefox 30.0, Aurora, via Browserstack:

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1277106/gallupstrengthscenter/firefox-30.0-aurora.png>

Maybe it's just me, but the above screens appear to show the same size
in terms of overall scale, no?

One thing to note: Firefox 29 is marked as "Beta" via Browserstack. I
wonder if this problem will go away when it's officially released?

I'm personally interested in this issue because I subscribe to the
same font sizing technique(s) ... It would be nice to know how to best
reproduce this problem. Maybe I need to preview your site using a high
PPI monitor?

Let me know if you want more screens from Browserstack.