-Caveat Lector-

> Again - Non-Jews are allowed citizenship in Israel. It is not guaranteed
for
> non-Jews (just as citizenship must be applied for and accepted in the US
and
> pretty much every other country) while it is for Jews, and thus
> conversations about who is Jewish or not do affect citizenship, but no
one
> is DENIED citizenship simply because they are not Jewish.

You are quibbling here. A few non-Jews are allowed to immigrate,
usually because they are providing some service to the Israeli govt.
The reality is that non -Jews have no right to immigrate and, as a
rule, cannot immigrate. Otherwise there would be no such thing
as 'guest worker' visas and the prohibition against 'guest workers'
from staying in Israel. Of course people are DENIED citizenship
simply because they are not Jewish. It is silly to claim that there is
open immigration for Jews but non-Jews are subject to restriction
and claim this is not a racist immigration policy. Wonder what your
reaction would be if the US permitted unrestricted immigration by
'Christians' but other religious immigrants were subject to
'restrictions.'

> Finally as to your last paragraph, I would find it more believable if
posted
> about any of the myriad other places the US supports, that support
> dictatorial, racist, and otherwise unsavory regimes with even half the
> frequency, vehemence and vitriol you express about our support of Israel.
> For example Kuwait - a place where there is still slavery.
> Saudi Arabia - talk about restrictive racist immigration policy - you
cannot
> even VISIT Saudi Arabia of you are not a Muslim.

I guess you didn't carefully read my past post(s). For you to equate
Kuwait, Saudi Arabia with Israel - makes my point. Kuwait and
Saudi Arabia do not get a $5 Billion a year subsidy from US taxpayers,
nor does the US subsidize a brutal occupation of another people in
these countries. I have NEVER expressed 'vitriol' against Israel. I
have expressed outrage over Israel oppression of the Palestinians with
the US supporting and subsidizing a brutal occupation. It is also
untruthful to call Israel a "democracy" just as it was untruthful
to call South Africa or Mississippi a democracy in 1950.

You are right about Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Syria, etc. etc. but that
does not change the subject of Israel.

Of course another factor in my bringing up Israel is the fact that
America's blind support of Israeli oppression threatens the safety
and well being of the American people - it is a main factor in the
worldwide hatred of America and a wonderful recruiting tool
for Bin Laden. I loathe American politicians who pander to the
Israeli lobby at the expense of the safety of their own country.

Ironically, if not for the US pandering support of the Israeli Zionist
extremists, probably Israel and the Palestinians would have come
to terms years ago. In the long run this will be as destructive for
Israel as it is for the US.
flw