-Caveat Lector-

on 10/04/02 12:31 PM, flw at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
>> Again - Non-Jews are allowed citizenship in Israel. It is not guaranteed
> for
>> non-Jews (just as citizenship must be applied for and accepted in the US
> and
>> pretty much every other country) while it is for Jews, and thus
>> conversations about who is Jewish or not do affect citizenship, but no
> one
>> is DENIED citizenship simply because they are not Jewish.
>
> You are quibbling here. A few non-Jews are allowed to immigrate,
> usually because they are providing some service to the Israeli govt.
> The reality is that non -Jews have no right to immigrate and, as a
> rule, cannot immigrate. Otherwise there would be no such thing
> as 'guest worker' visas and the prohibition against 'guest workers'
> from staying in Israel.

We have working visas in the US. They are not the same as getting
citizenship.

> Of course people are DENIED citizenship
> simply because they are not Jewish. It is silly to claim that there is
> open immigration for Jews but non-Jews are subject to restriction
> and claim this is not a racist immigration policy. Wonder what your
> reaction would be if the US permitted unrestricted immigration by
> 'Christians' but other religious immigrants were subject to
> 'restrictions.'

 We do have a policy like that. It's just based on skin color and not
religion.

>> Finally as to your last paragraph, I would find it more believable if
> posted
>> about any of the myriad other places the US supports, that support
>> dictatorial, racist, and otherwise unsavory regimes with even half the
>> frequency, vehemence and vitriol you express about our support of Israel.
>> For example Kuwait - a place where there is still slavery.
>> Saudi Arabia - talk about restrictive racist immigration policy - you
> cannot
>> even VISIT Saudi Arabia of you are not a Muslim.
>
> I guess you didn't carefully read my past post(s). For you to equate
> Kuwait, Saudi Arabia with Israel - makes my point. Kuwait and
> Saudi Arabia do not get a $5 Billion a year subsidy from US taxpayers,

Unless you count in the money we spend to maintain a military presence in
those countries for their protection.

Before you tell me about the oil, we could support less dictatorial, more
democratic regimes in the area. We could insist on democracy for our
"allies", instead of just our "enemies".

The Saudi's are not sweet benevolent rulers, nor is it a place where people
are not mistreated based on ethnic / tribal affiliation. There are plenty of
people oppressed brutally because they are not the right sort of Islam or
Arab for the family of Saud.

> nor does the US subsidize a brutal occupation of another people in
> these countries. I have NEVER expressed 'vitriol' against Israel. I
> have expressed outrage over Israel oppression of the Palestinians with
> the US supporting and subsidizing a brutal occupation. It is also
> untruthful to call Israel a "democracy" just as it was untruthful
> to call South Africa or Mississippi a democracy in 1950.

Israel is a flawed democracy. Just like we were in 1950. And are now.

> You are right about Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Syria, etc. etc. but that
> does not change the subject of Israel.
>
> Of course another factor in my bringing up Israel is the fact that
> America's blind support of Israeli oppression threatens the safety
> and well being of the American people - it is a main factor in the
> worldwide hatred of America and a wonderful recruiting tool
> for Bin Laden. I loathe American politicians who pander to the
> Israeli lobby at the expense of the safety of their own country.
>
> Ironically, if not for the US pandering support of the Israeli Zionist
> extremists, probably Israel and the Palestinians would have come
> to terms years ago. In the long run this will be as destructive for
> Israel as it is for the US.

I agree with this last paragraph completely. Except in as much as that it
ignores the role of the extremists on the other side as well -

flw

> <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/";>www.ctrl.org</A>
> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic
> screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are
> sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis-
> directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with
> major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought.

> Archives Available at:
> <A HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html";>Archives of
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>
>
> http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
> <A HREF="http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/";>ctrl</A>
> SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Om

Free your mind and your ass will follow.
                                                           St George

NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew