-Caveat Lector-

> How do you explain the non-Jews I know who have moved to Israel with no
> problems? I have never seen any evidence of barring non-Jews from
> immigrating, or becoming citizens. I'm not trying to be dishonest. I
think
> you are factually wrong here.

Israel has a legal policy forbidding immigration by non-Jews. Yes,
non -Jews
can get permission to reside in Israel if they have a good reason, mostly
for business or academic reasons - but they cannot become citizens.

> No question Arabs form the underclass there, much as blacks and Hispanics
do
> here. It is a sad thing about humans everywhere, locked into the politics
of
> identity. Tragic, and unfortunately universal. However in Israel, outside
> the west bank and Gaza, Arabs own homes, have businesses, serve as
elected
> officials, get bank loans, send their kids to school, etcetc.

Do Arabs, Ethiopian Jews, etc. form an economic deprived class?
Yes, but I am not speaking economics. Israel practices legal segregation.
By law, native born Arab-Israelis are forbidden the right to live where
they
want, cannot get govt jobs, serve in the military; be eligible for
educational assistance, certain welfare benefits, or get accepted into
good schools - similiar to the South in the 1950's. Israeli Arabs cannot
bring their relatives into Israel for immigration although Jews are
encouraged
to do this.

Whether or not Israel has a 'right' to have such a society is not the
issue.
They can have whatever type of society they can get away with. BUT
they cannot call themselves a free society nor are they a democracy.

Such a racist apartheid state should not be subsidized to the tune of
$5 billion a year from the US taxpayers. No US state would be permitted
to treat its citizens like Israel. It is a huge hypocrisy that the US
boycotted
South Africa during its apartheid days yet subsidizes Israel.
flw