From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  I dont believe that people should disobey or
> break a law, no matter how repugnant it is to the individual

This is too simplistic. I certainly do not advocate breaking
the Law and I don't want anyone to think that I do. I do
not agree with many laws on the books at the moment
but I don't go around breaking them left right and centre. If I
was interested in breaking Laws I didn't like I would have
kept my pistols and challenged any one who wanted them
to come and take them. Obviously however that would be
a gross over reaction to the situation. I don't like the act
but I'm not willing to go to prison or Kill or be Killed to
defy it. The problem is IG how far would you actually take
your obeying of the Law regardless of how repugnant it
is? If the Law required you to arrest Black People ready
for deportation would you do it? If the Law required
speeding motorists to be locked up for a Month without
trial or access to legal reprisentation would you take part
in it's administration? If it were a requirement for Police
officers to arrest People who promoted a different
viewpoint from that of the Government would you be
willing to arrest Mr Kendrick?

As I have said, breaking the law is generally a gross
overreaction as a means of getting things changed and
I'm not advocating it for anything in statute at present but
are there not certain occasions where it might be
warranted?

Jonathan Laws

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]