From:   "IG", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

. <<The problem is IG how far would you actually take
your obeying of the Law regardless of how repugnant it
is? If the Law required you to arrest Black People ready
for deportation would you do it? If the Law required
speeding motorists to be locked up for a Month without
trial or access to legal reprisentation would you take part
in it's administration? If it were a requirement for Police
officers to arrest People who promoted a different
viewpoint from that of the Government would you be
willing to arrest Mr Kendrick?>>

No. If I had the misfortune to live in a country that had
an electorate that wanted its
government to pass laws such as those you describe, I would
leave that country. I certainly wouldnt want to be a law
enforcement officer in it. Any government that had passed
laws like that would hardly be democratically elected, would
they? Now you are going to say that the '97 act is equally
wrong.
The trouble with a democracy is that for every shooter who
thinks the law is wrong, you would be able to find another
that thinks it is right, and probably an equal number who
couldn't care less.

The shooters say we should listen to them. The antis say
'No, you must listen to us'. The don't knows say 'I don't
care, just do your job'. Who has the more valid opinion?
Who do we listen to?

No, I dont agree with the law in many areas. I disagree
with the Child Suport Act, the provisions of which have
resulted in many more suicides and destitute familys than
the '97 firearms amendment act has. I disagree with
the tax on petrol. I disagree with the taxation levels
imposed on me as a working man. I disagree with lots of
things but I put would never ever advocate anyone breaking
the law for any reason. If you hate this country
and its police so much, leave it.

IG
--
At the current emigration rate the country will be empty
by 2170 if I recall that newspaper article correctly that

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]