From:   Jeremy Peter Howells, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Unfortunately police in several areas scored own goals
during the hand-in.  One of our local forces had the
firearms team, complete with body armour and holstered
handguns, manning the hand in office.  Intimidating?  Yes
several people I know who went through there thought so.

When one of them handling the paperwork commented on the
large number of variations, including gallery rifles and
BP pistols  - along the lines of 'Well I'm not sure what
WE will allow you'.  His reply along the lines of 'Well
I thought it was the law that said what I was allowed',
was met with the 'don't get stroppy with us sunshine'
response.

Other friends and aquaintances have reported many
inappropriate comments from so called firearms trained
officers who obviously knew very little or did not
consider their comments before they made them.

Considering one of our local police firearms team had
reportedly organised a sweepstake - the first team member
to shoot someone getting the pot.  Apparently they
eventually realised their mistake in setting the thing up
in the first place and reportedly gave the money to
charity.  I wonder what the media would have made of this
if they had shot someone?

Regards

Jerry
--
The local lot did the same thing at West Bromwich police
station.  They had a lot of complaints.  At HQ in the

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]