On Friday 20 Jun 2003 11:38 pm, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Richard Evans wrote:
> > The conversion script is a horrible mess - it's part of the other locale
> > stuff I was (maybe still am) doing, and uses 10 other modules that are in
> > a state of flux ATM. I also have a horrible feeling the ICU .xml file
> > format had changed last time I looked at the CVS code.
> >
> > Based off the glacial response I've got from the openI18N guys - "yeah,
> > that looks wrong, we'll fix it" - now one and a half months later and no
> > change yet - my gut feeling is that the Locale data should go into CVS as
> > it is now.
> >
> > Corrections and additions would then go directly into the DT::Locale CVS
> > rather than waiting weeks for fixes to get put into the ICU locales.
> >
> > But I'm guessing that's not what you have in mind - do you want the
> > DT::Locale code as it stands to go in, or are you only really interested
> > in the conversion script? If it's the latter, I'll try to get it into a
> > maintainable state, but that will take a while longer, no question about
> > that!
>
> We can't put the generated code in CVS without the generator.  We need to
> be able to make changes in stuff like Locale.pm without having to email
> you and ask you to do it.

Sorry, I don't get what you mean.

I'm suggesting I donate all the DT::Locale code to the DT project next week,
then anyone with CVS access can hack away to their hearts content - I
wouldn't be in "control" of it any more.

If you want to give me CVS access as well, that's entirely up to you, but I
would be happy to concentrate on other things for a while.

Does that make sense, or am I missing the point? (wouldn't be the first time
:)

Cheers,
--
Rich