go through the logs and find where he's getting an invalid PW error, if you
have the trace level set to 5 it should provide some usefull information
there. Post that bit if you can maybe others can help.

I would restart the pop server and purposely log in with an incorrect password
too to see what happens.

I know I have at least 1 OSX user and this isn't a problem, I'm using a CVS
from February though.

-Micah