On Sun, 30 Jun 2024, Tim Woodall wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jun 2024, Michael Grant wrote:

Yeah I'm seeing this too!  Identical in fact.  This is what I did to
fix this:  I added this to my /etc/mail/access file for my local
server that sends this messages to me:

   SRV_Features:127.0.0.1  L U G

Specifically, I added the U and G features, (I already had the L
feature disabled for localhost).  Uppercase letter disables the
feature, lowercase enables it.

I found the U and G mentioned here:

https://forums.oracle.com/ords/apexds/post/solaris-11-4-sendmail-issue-after-sendmail-8-18-1-update-7312

I did not try this suggestion to use U2 and G2 that he mentioned.  If
you do let me know.

Thanks!

I've just added u2 g2 and it seems to work. My quick test had bare LF
removed and bare CR replaced by space which isn't what I expected but is
good enough...

Actually, in bookworm this only seems to work with cr. mail wasn't
sending a lf and my email client was not displaying ^f

This works for testing cr and lf.
echo -ne 'Subject: test\n\ncr\rcr/lf\nlf' | /usr/sbin/sendmail -i -- root