>>Ahh... my 2 cents anyway. I just feel no one has the right to send me
>>crap I did not ask for...

In one sense, isn't this what ORBZ was doing?  Port Scanning everyone,
and sending in unsolicited emails because they want to test other people's
systems without them asking for permission to do so?

Believe me - I'm not condoning SPAM - would have never bought Scott's package if I did.

But can you see the irony in it?  SPAM is bad because it uses the recipient ISP's resources
without his/her permission for their own purposes...  ORBZ digs into the ISP's
(or anyone's) resources without his/her permission for their own purposes...

We just liked one motive over the other...

At 07:59 PM 3/21/2002, you wrote:

> Ahh... my 2 cents anyway. I just feel no one has the right to send me
> crap I did not ask for, especially PORN solicitations into my children's
> e-mail box. Perhaps I am wrong legally as it relates to free rights and
> e-mail solicitations, but the PORN solicitation alone is enough to keep
> me fighting for my rights to block SPAM.

Another way to look at things would be to check out the court cases where
Corporations have sued their employees for misuse of e-mail.

In any case if it is your system you can do whatever you want with it.
If the customers don't like it, too bad!  You own it, you paid for it,
and you maintain it.  It's that simple!

What does this mean?  If you write an e-mail to a friend your BOSS, the
or ISP (owner of the equipment) has the right to view it.  Just like the
FBI and CIA.  This is why we stress the use of PGP!

Anyway, just my 2 cents!

PS: Don't reply to me if you want to argue, I just wanted to give
        another view point.

Regards,
Tom

This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  You can E-mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED] for assistance.  You can visit our web
site at http://www.declude.com .