Am Montag, 19. Dezember 2005 14:08 schrieben Sie:

Hi,

> > The reason for this is that the print dialog needs bidirectional
> > communication with the application for everything except the most trivial
> > tasks. E.g. if
>
> But what if you want a preview in the file dialog?  Doesn't that
> require bidirectional comm?

No, it does not.

E.g. KDE offers a file open dialog with preview capabilities. This capability
is build into the dialog without a call back to the application calling the
dialog.

BTW: In order to keep everything nicely threaded I prefer if you only answer
to the ml [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,
-- martin

--