Hi John,

On Mon, June 12, 2006 20:33, John Cherry wrote:
> Other issues that have been discussed with OSDL member companies that
> have not risen above the clouds with the desktop architects include...
>
> - Enterprises will not deploy until an integrated mail/calendar client
>   is available that (1) functions in a hetrogenious client environement,
>   (2) has an easy, and possibly automated, way to migrate from existing
>   mail/calendar clients, (3) integrates easily with mobile devices, and
>   (4) will be well supported by the disto vendor.  One OSDL member that
>   I recently spoke to would earnestly like to deploy with Evolution, but
>   can't seem to get reasonable distro support and the development team
>   has almost gone away.  Of course I recommended that this company get
>   involved in development/support of Evolution if this is important to
>   their deployment, but this is just an indicator of the gaps that
>   are encountered in enterprise deployments.

The development team of evolution has not gone away :-) But it's not
the same people working on it now (afaik).

I hope this OSDL member also contacted the evolution people to discuss
about the needs and to get an idea of when things would be done: this
is the kind of feedback that is very much needed by projects, and OSDL
can help getting this feedback.

Cheers,

Vincent

--