On Monday, 19 June 2017 20:57:28 UTC+1, Tavis Ormandy  wrote:
> I noticed there's an apparently valid facebook.com certificate in there
> (61b1526f9d75775c3d533382f36527c9.pem). This is surprising to me, that
> seems like it would be in CT already - so maybe I don't know what I'm doing.
>
> Let me know if I've misunderstood something.
>
> Tavis.

Thanks for uploading these. I submitted that one in particular which can now be
seen here: https://crt.sh/?id=157454198

This is the certificate for a precertificate which was already in the CT logs:
https://crt.sh/?id=81124044 (crt.sh handily has links in both directions
between both certificates now that it knows about both) and the issuance is
therefore "known" already, but the final signed certificate was not seen by any
logs. It is useful to have the final certificate now as well.

I haven't looked at any of the others, but I imagine this case only covers a
small percentage of the total. When someone here with a more automated approach
to submitting the certificates (along with their intermediates) analyses them I
imagine we will see some interesting results.
  • Unknown Intermediates Tavis Ormandy via dev-security-policy
    • Re: Unknown Intermediates Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
      • Re: Unknown Intermedia... Jonathan Rudenberg via dev-security-policy
      • Re: Unknown Intermedia... Tavis Ormandy via dev-security-policy
        • Re: Unknown Interm... Andrew Ayer via dev-security-policy
          • Re: Unknown In... Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
            • Re: Unkno... Alex Gaynor via dev-security-policy
              • Re: U... Tavis Ormandy via dev-security-policy
                • R... Tavis Ormandy via dev-security-policy
                • R... Tavis Ormandy via dev-security-policy
                • R... Daniel Cater via dev-security-policy
                • R... Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
                • R... Alex Gaynor via dev-security-policy
                • R... Tavis Ormandy via dev-security-policy
                • R... Alex Gaynor via dev-security-policy
                • R... Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
                • R... Kurt Roeckx via dev-security-policy
                • R... Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
                • R... Peter Bowen via dev-security-policy
                • R... Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
                • R... Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy