On 12/8/10 5:04 AM, thorsten wrote:
What is a bit risky is: Can they hide the password entry or the form
itself ?

Yes.

If they hack something together to hide it, can we detect
this hack ?

Maybe. There are lots and lots of ways to hide things; detecting them all without hitting false positives would be a pretty tall order.

Is there another way to detect if a password has just been
sent ?

What do you mean?

Is it possible to restrict keypress event listening to non-
password entries only?

Not without breaking existing use cases (e.g. my FIOS modem's login page relies on a key listener on the password field, as far as I can tell; certainly the length of the text in the field changes by >1 for every keystroke I make).

-Boris