Without 3 active PMC members it would be the board decision to move the project
to the attic, fortunately it is not yet at this state. At the same time I don’t
think that it is good to pretend that the project is alive without
contributions.

The rebranding is required only if an enterprise, a community or an individual
wants to distribute it. If somebody wants to maintain a private fork, there is
no need for rebranding, right? The only point to keep Apex as Apache project is
in the case when there are contributions back from a private fork to the
project.

Thank you,

Vlad