On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 03:21 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

in that case, why don't we wait for this change, then roll 0.9.2? now
that the issues with the configure scripts that kept us from building
from a released tarball have been resolved, i'd like to see apr making
releases more often, so client apps (apache, subversion, etc) can simply
use those rather than pulling something out of cvs.

I totally agree. I'd love to release them myself, but haven't been finding
the time :-(

ok, so what's the deal here? so far, everyone seems to be in favor of making this release, but nobody's jumped up and said "i'll do it, i'll do it". it looks like most (all?) the changes people wanted to get in have been made, so are we ready to roll a tarball? what needs to be done to make this happen?

if nobody else is volunteering (and i don't think i've seen another response on the list) i'd be happy to do any associated legwork that's needed, but as i don't have commit access, someone else is going to need to be involved at some point.

so are we ready to roll a release? or are we going to all say 'yeah, we should roll a release' and then sit back and wait a few months until someone brings it up again?

-garrett