At 02:43 PM 5/28/2004, Unico Hommes wrote:

Without a doubt log4j is popular. But popularity is mostly only marginally based
on merit. It proves good marketing, wide adoption and a large community. But it
doesn't prove a it to be the best in terms of code quality, ease of use, or the
most appropriate solution for any given system.

Good marketing? Hmm, log4j was never marketed. Sure, we have a web-site but we don't market log4j at all, and never have. What is this good marketing we've supposedly been doing? I'm interested...

I apologize if this is way out off topic, but I had to react to this
myth of the log4j marketing steam-roller.

--
Unico

-- Ceki Gülcü