On Feb 17, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Ralph Goers
> <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>wrote:
>

>> What new features and did they really break the API? I'd really hate to go
>> to 3.0 after just getting 2.0 out.
>>

> "They" would really be me :)

By "they" I didn't mean who but what.

> I looked at how we use VFS in our software at work and saw a lot of code
> that I felt should be in VFS, features like:
>
> - Ask a FileObject simple questions like isFile() and isFolder() .
> - Do a bulk operation like FileObject.deleteAll().
> - Write FileContents to different kinds of objects like FileObject,
> FileContent and OutputStream.
> - and other stuff and trickles down from that.

So these were changes to the interface that will break any external providers
but not impact callers?  I guess I could look at clirr but as I recall some of
these were convenience methods. I'm wondering if they couldn't be done in such
a way that they don't break compatibility (i.e. a new class with static helper
methods, a wrapper object that adds the new methods, etc).

Ralph