Hi Sergey,

On 20 March 2012 09:47, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David
>
> On 20/03/12 08:00, David Bosschaert wrote:
>>
>> I just got confirmation that the current trunk of the CXF-DOSGi passes
>> the TCK again.
>
> Great news, thanks for the support from your side,
>
>> It would be *really* good if we could release this
>> version so that the Remote Services and RSA RI in the OSGi systems is
>> a released version of CXF-DOSGi rather than a snapshot. Sergey, could
>> I maybe ask you to do a release again?
>
> I'm planning to do a 1.3.1 release in the June/July time frame, few JIRAs
> have been opened against 1.3 so I'll try to address some of them too before
> cutting a new release.

The TCK compliance work I did was part of the OSGi 4.3 Compendium
cycle and I expect that the RIs for that (of which CXF-DOSGi is part)
will be collected soon - within 2 weeks is my guess, but I can get a
more detailed deadline if needed.
If we want a released version of CXF-DOSGi to be part of that RI, we
need to have that release before then. Otherwise they'll take the
current version which is based on a 1.4 snapshot...
Would there be an issue with just releasing what's there now (read:
really soon) and maybe do a 1.3.2 in June/July?
I've never done an Apache release so I'm not really sure how much work
is involved, but if it's just a matter of a few commands, I think it
would be worth it doing it now - but obviously that all depends on
time people have available too...

>> Here's a summary of the fixes:
>> * Fixed exports from Single Bundle Distro
>> * Fixed deadlock
>> * Fixed cleanup
>> * Fixed ExportReferenceImpl.equals() and hashCode()
>> * Fixed RemoteServiceAdminCore.exportService()
>>
>> As these issues are all exposed by the OSGi TCK I didn't write any
>> additional tests for them in the CXF-DOSGi codebase.
>> As an aside. Note that it is possible for Apache committers to run the
>> OSGi TCK. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll dig up the
>> details.
>
> Is that info in the public domain ? If yes then may be you can add this info
> to the DOSGi wiki ?

It is documented for Felix and Equinox projects that implement other
OSGi specs, but I'll take an action item to document this on the DOSGi
wiki as well.

Cheers,

David