David,

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:00:12 AM David Bosschaert wrote:
> The TCK compliance work I did was part of the OSGi 4.3 Compendium
> cycle and I expect that the RIs for that (of which CXF-DOSGi is part)
> will be collected soon - within 2 weeks is my guess, but I can get a
> more detailed deadline if needed.
> If we want a released version of CXF-DOSGi to be part of that RI, we
> need to have that release before then. Otherwise they'll take the
> current version which is based on a 1.4 snapshot...
> Would there be an issue with just releasing what's there now (read:
> really soon) and maybe do a 1.3.2 in June/July?
> I've never done an Apache release so I'm not really sure how much work
> is involved, but if it's just a matter of a few commands, I think it
> would be worth it doing it now - but obviously that all depends on
> time people have available too...

If you are willing to do the release, then I think it's a good idea.  I'd
rather have a release often type thing if it fixes a few issue that are
needed.    Do you know if it needs a new CXF proper release or is 2.5.2 OK?
If it's just a release of the DOSGi stuff, then it should be pretty simple.
I think a simple:

mvn release:prepare
mvn release:perform

should handle most of it.     The release-manangement page for cxf might
have more details about setting up the gpg stuff, Nexus, etc...

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog