> On Oct 8, 2022, at 8:21 PM, Andriy Redko <drr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was thinking about that as well, since Jakarta EE 10 is already out [1]. If
> I am not mistaken,
> we haven't discussed the future Jakarta plans yet, trying to address major
> 4.0.0 migration issues.
> Personally I was thinking that having 4.1.x release dedicated to Jakarta EE
> 10 is probably way to
> go (and consequently following this branching strategy for the future Jakarta
> EE releases like
> 4.2.x, 4.3.x, ...). I am curious what others think about that.

That sounds like a good plan to me.

I know on the TomEE side the community seems to be anxious to get 9 out the
door so work on 10 can start.  Likely that means 9 will immediately get
branched and go into maintenance mode, which is a bit different to what we'd
normally do.  Usually the next version doesn't really start for quite a few
months.

Do we think we might be willing to accept contributions on a potential 4.1
pretty soon after 4.0 goes final or would there be some desire to let 4.0.0
mature for a few months before starting a potential 4.1?

-David