Thanks David. I think the most efficient way for CXF team is to focus on 4.0.0.
We have a few
blockers along the way which we are working on. To put it in perspective, there
are modules which
are excluded from the builds at the moment, no equivalent replacement of the
dependencies in Jakarta
space, but eventually those should be there. In any case, I think the way to
approach the contrubutions
to 4.1 could be to create the pull request against main (for now), once 4.0.0
is branched off, it could
be merged. It may not the most convenient for you, but would help us to focus
on 4.0.0 only. What do you
think?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

>> On Oct 8, 2022, at 8:21 PM, Andriy Redko <drr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was thinking about that as well, since Jakarta EE 10 is already out [1].
>> If I am not mistaken,
>> we haven't discussed the future Jakarta plans yet, trying to address major
>> 4.0.0 migration issues.
>> Personally I was thinking that having 4.1.x release dedicated to Jakarta EE
>> 10 is probably way to
>> go (and consequently following this branching strategy for the future
>> Jakarta EE releases like
>> 4.2.x, 4.3.x, ...). I am curious what others think about that.

DB> That sounds like a good plan to me.

DB> I know on the TomEE side the community seems to be anxious to get 9 out the
door so work on 10 can start.  Likely that means 9 will immediately get
branched and go into maintenance mode, which is a bit different to what we'd
normally do.  Usually the next version doesn't really start for quite a few
months.

DB> Do we think we might be willing to accept contributions on a potential 4.1
pretty soon after 4.0 goes final or would there be some desire to let 4.0.0
mature for a few months before starting a potential 4.1?