*"When late Stephen Hawkings wrote scientific papers, the papers would
get peer reviewed & then published. What incredible and amazing ideas, yet
peer reviewed. What a humble human being! I now wonder if he had started
self approving his own talks. How much humanity would then have discovered
about black holes?"*

*“Governance of  "Intellectual Property" generated by many developers,
across the world, and which is adopted by the Financial services sector,
who all seek that the financial technology, which they work with or adopt,
is truly free from any influence of  "For Profit" stakeholders.” I am sad
to say that what has come to my attention, is perhaps not the industry
defining standards of open source IP and project management.*
*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*Now that we are here, I'm encouraging non presumptive, empathetic, patient
and peaceful dialogue, perhaps exercising a bit of restraint, (most likely
with factual data to this thread). I respect all of your opinions. I do
support Saransh, Bruce and many "others".* I have had a privilege to
witness some of the remarkable unheard stories, of developers, partners,
functional consultants, putting their hard work up, in hope for a better
world, a world devoid of poverty.

1. Chair Appointment: A Track chair(TC) appointment was not discussed on
this list. If this took place outside this list, either on a Zoom call, I
am sorry to say that it does not constitute an appointment.  (It would be
great if communities collaborate anywhere, everywhere, be it a 12D space or
deep inside the planet earth.) *[And he/she/they should bring the
conversation back to this mailing list for a democratic process of decision
making.(within the ASF guidelines)] *>>>>>*Another way that a track chair
appointment can take place is by the PMC's action and subsequent
ratification by the Board. *

*I **would like to invite the Board to help us understand whether they have
appointed a single person as TC, on PMC’s advice, and in absence of the
community being able to exercise its decision making ability on this list*
*.*

2. Review of Proposals: The Track committee (if it only contained a single
person) has forgotten to post any invitation/access to the Proposal Review
Console for "peer review".

The community may feel excluded if a process lets a single person go
through proposals and scientific ideas of others, and without following the
Apache way of decision making, then I am seriously alarmed by the presence
of such processes in this Non for profit ASF’s activities.

3. The PMC self nomination exercise by Saransh, Bruce and others is nothing
but a healthy demonstration. What they are possibly demonstrating is the
finiteness to self approvals and self nominations in this Apache community.
As we can see, the first PMC is constituted by the board and nominations
thereafter only by an existing member. The chair itself is an ASF officer.
(Hope the chair is not made by cutting more wood though.) PMCs play a vital
role in managing the project affairs & representing the project community.
PMC actions are also sequentially ratified by the Board, on the premise of
"Quarterly Board Report" and a private mailing list amongst other tools.

*The nature of my objections bring me to see a lesser inclusive
representation of the project community by its PMC. Does this mean that the
Board of ASF now holds a fiduciary responsibility to respond to these
objections? *

I am sorry to say but we may have failed to establish some of the best
enterprising, socially inclined & sustainable practices for this open
source *financial technology *project.

As many members, including some of the Board Members of ASF, have
deliberated over this thread, I welcome this as a healthy dialogue(read not
dispute) in the hope that these gaps are mitigated by this community, in
the near future. As a member of this community, my objection is not to
question any single human being(neither am I interested in such a waste of
humanity's resources) but the mere processes behind these actions, which
evolved with time and whether these processes have resulted in this
under-representation.

Thanks everyone for your time in reading this. ( mailing list
<https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@fineract.apache.org:2021-6> for
Apr, May,Jun,Jul & a stakeholder diagram).

[Reminder - please stay on this thread as on the subject of organising the
Apache Con 2021 & objection to Track Chair Appointment including Self
Appointment of Proposals.]

--
Ankit
Managing Partner

Impressum- Muellners® Inc; Copenhagen, Denmark CVR: 41548304;
New Delhi, India CIN: U72900DL2019PTC344870; Foundation EU CVR:41008407

This mail is governed by Muellners®  IT policy.
The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.