On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Om,
>
> 1) the wiki is mostly current, but as a work in progress: if it
> doesn't work, ask and we will fix ;-)
>
> 2) CSS resulting from...? I'm not familiar with FXG etc., so my
> questions are bound to be naive as well, as you'll notice. Basically
> we have access to whatever the compiler (Falcon-main, if you will) has
> access to, but some thing might be easier than others. Mike S. is our
> wizard, he'll know what to do if we can't figure it out.

Just to be clear, for all practical purposes, when I say FXG, I really mean
MXML.  This is because, the Flex implementation of FXG ensures that FXG
elements can be pluggable inline into any MXML component.  So, if we are to
support MXML, then we must support FXG.

In what I am doing currently, I am actually processing an MXML file, ignore
things that I dont care about (like fx:Script, fx:Metadata, and any
non-visual component)

It just happens that for Spark components, the FXG elements appear only in
their Spark skins.  This makes my job easier because if I target only the
spark skins, I wont have to deal with a lot of other MXML functional (i.e.
non view) elements.

> 3) Ah, there is the CSS, I guess (fxg -> svg + css). The AS code will
> be cross-compiled to AS (weird, I know) or any form of JS we chose,
> most likely 'goog' JS, as it will have to be compatible with FlexJS
> and the VanillaSDK. Due to the way FalconJx is set up, it will be easy
> to add FXG specific JS parsing, if needed.

What if I want to handcode some javascript?  For example, if I want to
support the current 'states' paradigm used in spark skins, I need to write
some javascript to make it a reusable component.  I am not sure if this is
the right approach, though.  What do you guys think?

> 4) Sounds like and excellent starting point... however, you'll
> probably have to tweak your local SDK 'a bit' to get both the Flex and
> JS side working.  Or should be start one of those much rumored
> 'shared' feature branches of the SDK?

What kind of tweaking do you mean?  Actually, I dont understand anything
you just said.  Please explain like I am 5 years old :-)

> I love how everything seems to be converging and it really feels like
> Flex -> HTML5/JS is doable!

Cautious optimism abounds!