Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Yes, at this point, we have announced the tarball, and we can't replace
> it again. However, at the time, the tarball was just being discussed on
> the development list, and it hadn't been officially announced as a beta
> candidate, so replacing it was fine to do.

Unfortunately, once it's rolled *and placed someplace where someone
other than the roller can get it* then, almost by definition, it's
"publically available". Even at that point, the tarball was in a place
where people look for soon-to-be-released goodies. People lurk on
dev@ and it's just too dangerous for us to replace tarballs on the hope
that only people-who-know-better have snagged it :)

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/