Ryan Bloom wrote:

> My point is that I disagree with that.  We have been bumping tags on
> files when releasing 2.0 since 2.0.16, and we aren't even talking about
> bumping a tag here.  We are just talking about rolling the tarball on a
> different machine than was originally used.  The code didn't change
> between the original tarball and the second, just the machine used to do
> the roll.

Maybe we should say that "once rolled and place in a location where
someone (*anyone*) other than the roller can obtain the tarball".
Obviously, as the RM, I can roll the tarball locally until my eyes
bleed if I discover problems with what I'm doing. But once I say
"Hey, here's the tarball" we're stuck. It's either perfect, or we bump. ;)

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/