Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > > Once the tarball is rolled, that's it, move on to the next version.
> > >

> > +1 (for Apache 2)
>
> I disagree, strongly.  :-)  In this case, the tarball was rolled, but it
> was rolled incorrectly (my fault for not updating the how_to_release
> site). The code was fine, but the tarball needed to be re-rolled.  IF
> the code needed to be modified greatly, I would agree, but for a simple
> re-roll without changing code or tag, we don't need to bump version
> numbers.

AFAIK, it's *always* been the policy that once rolled, if *anything*
goes wrong, you have to bump. Even the how-to-release docs still
say it. The *procedure* in httpd-2.0 may be obsoleted with httpd_roll_release
but not that guideline.

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/