Steffan,

I was plesantly surprised when I tested this on an early VS2015 preview and
the conversion was still supported.

I observed the note below in 2010 when that comment was first made (I
cribbed that comment from 2.2.x checkin).  So I now wonder if that note was
based on an Express edition perhaps?  Or on an early release - and MS later
added or fixed the conversion?  I can't be more specific at this point, but
maybe someone else remembers such an issue.