This answwer does not mean anything. Clytie is asking for a way to prioritize her ressources. If the tooltips are in a separate file and referenced in the help files with place holders then she can have translators focus on that instead of on other parts. What are the technical difficulties related to separating such contents ? Regarding the context, there are plenty of ways to find context and the best one is very arguably to check a complex XML file. It is sufficient to check the interface for one.

It is very easy - just translate GSI lines matching /ahelp/ and use whatever you want to find context.

But it does not make sense. And if you have ever translated the OOo help, you know what I'm talking about ;-)

If we do, the next mail from you would be that another barrier is that some parts of the text are outside of the context.

Certainly not. Clytie's mails and Clytie's documentation regarding OOo's localization are the clearest and most comprehensive of all sent to this list.

Yes, and this is completely irrelevant to our current topic. Thanks Clytie, BTW - nice piece of work.
--
Pavel Janík