F Wolff ha scritto:
> Op Woensdag 04-07-2007 om 11:52 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Alessandro
> Cattelan:

>> I translated a couple of files offline using OmegaT, writing only the
>> text in the msgstr field as in example 2 above. When I upload that file
>> to Pootle, the server does not consider the strings with that sort of
>> inline comment translated so I have to go through the translation again
>> with Pootle. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> I must say that I don't like translating with Pootle - it's a nice tool
>> to manage the translation workflow but it's not as good when it comes to
>> translating. What I'm doing is translate and review the files offline
>> (with OmegaT or with a text editor) and then upload them to Pootle. I'd
>> like to know whether there is a way to automatically mark as translated
>> and reviewed strings edited offline.
>>

>> Ale.
>>

> I just want to make sure I understand well what you are describing.
>
> Were the relevant messages already translated, or did you newly
> translate these messages? If a message is already translated and a file
> with translations is uploaded, changes to already translated messages
> are accepted as suggestions that have to be reviewed. Is this what you
> are referring to?

Not exactly. Let's say that the file I had to translate had 100 strings.
80 were already translated. 10 contained the "inline comments" of my
no tags and no comments (something like msgid "Open").

I translated the whole file offline and then uploaded it to Pootle using
the "overwrite" option. Before I started translating it, Pootle reported
that the file had 20 strings to be translated. After uploading it,
Pootle reported that I still had to translate 10 strings.

I used the "Quick Translate" command from Pootle to see which strings
were to be translated and it came out that they were the ones with the
"inline comments", such as:

#:masterpassworddlg.src#DLG_UUI_MASTERPASSWORD.FT_MASTERPASSWORD.fixedtext.text
msgid ""
"_:
masterpassworddlg.src#DLG_UUI_MASTERPASSWORD.FT_MASTERPASSWORD.fixedtext."
"text\n"
"Master password"
msgstr "Password principale"

> You are free to translate offline and upload translations. If you don't
> want the behaviour for merging the translations, you can choose to
> entirely overwrite files on upload. The administrator for your language
> (you I think?) might need to give you the "overwrite" right since this
> is a bit more dangerous action.

If I merge a translation only the newly translated strings are updated,
right?

Thanks for your help.

I'm off to work now. I'll be online again tonight.

Regards,
Ale.