On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Ain Vagula <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Option 3 - move all products with not-english name to an extension
> (and out of translation). This makes also possible for different
> countries with their own label producers to create their own
> extensions. How many translators can handle source strings in German?
> Maybe a lot (suspicious anyway). And in Chinese? Maybe a bit less...
> ;)

I vote for option 3.
but if it can't, for option 2-1.

The reasons,
1. There's a few people who knows German.
Although they're the product names, if most of people can't read, or
can't understand what it means, it will be useless.

2. Product names are not unique. Of course mostly are unique. but not all.
I mean, in some cases, they might have different names for each languages.

Option 2-1 : at first translate to English, if they have english names
or they're sold in some countries which use English.
And each translators make a decision whether they'll translate or not.
Or translate then if the products have the names in translator's
languge.

However option 2-1 will be very hard. because each translator have to
search what they are, and whether they have an another names. So,
please remove them.

--
Regards,
JiHui Choi