I have just tried pootle and opened an account (another one !).
The problem with pootle is that there is no choice for friulian language,
friulian having no account / folder / access point.  I had to register as an
'italian'. Where is the access point to request friulian ? I tried
g11n_portal_feedb...@sun.com and translate-poo...@lists.sourceforge.net (may
said in guide.

This is for friulian (extracted from lanchpad...):

*Codice Lingua*: fur
*Nome Lingua*: Furlan
*Numero di Plurali*: 2
*Equazione dei Plurali*: (n != 1)

Or may be as you (Sophie) just written I need Raffaela or Ivo help ?  Can
you link me to them ?

I read guide
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/NLC:New_Translators_Start_here . It
seems not a simply process.
Maybe needs some updates and maintenance on guides. kbabel broken link ?

On Ubuntu I found simple lokalize, tried poedit, gtranslator po editor,
virtaal. These last not easy to configure and what exactly is done in what
way. But I'll try to find best way or best tool for openoffice procedure.
I tried also some tools from
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index translate toolkit. I'll
hope fully tested in procedure
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/NLC:New_Translators_Start_here and
fully working. For other works it seems me not working well as expected.

I confess you that for translations 'line to line' it is useful a server
like launchpad, or narro, or others if you understand me. It seems me pootle
can do some like them. I don't know pootle, but lauchpad has some helps,
like suggestions from another language, text box (it is possible to run a
dictionary correction), suggestion from same sentence in other versions, ...
and like pootle you can download, upload (some limitations on mozilla).
So it is useful an  engine for porting translated sentences from version to
version. I'm evaluating work needed to porting
sentences from version to version in open office.   Having an engine it will
simplify, needed only new sentences to translate, isn't it ?

May be it'll be beautiful working on some simplify, in future.

I had also an account on
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/NLC:New_Translators_Start_here>.
If you permit I'll go to modify now when trying all the procedures, so
we
can help each other. As usual if you find me on a  wrong way or not fully
understanding, feel free to re-change and/or adding more detail.

ok,
seeing you later, when better inside,
mauro