Hi Michal,

Well, yeah, ideally we wouldn't store any source file on any machine,
everything would be done on the server side, etc... However reality is
currently different and even if your server is extremely fast, you still
need to have a good internet connection and even with this it'll still take
10000 times more than a local operation.

In cargo, I've done the test. Here's the time it takes to clean the
multiproject when running "maven cargo:clean": 1 minute

Now, when running "maven cargo:clean -o" it took 5 seconds.

There are about 15 subprojects, each having 1 to 2 internal dependencies =>
15 deps to verify remotely.

> This + unified source directory and in situ processing with reactor
> which Jason mentioned previously might be helpful.

Jason's approach to resolving snapshots early during the multiproject build
would help a little as several of these dependencies are to the same jars
but it's not perfect yet. The in-situ handling on artifacts will solve it.

Thanks
-Vincent