On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Volker Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> converters should go into commons not into tomahawk.
> Why is this only planed for the 1.2 branch?

 That is the hidden reason why I request a vote for this. All validators and
converters should be on myfaces-commons. Almost all comes from tomahawk or
sandbox (EnumConverter and DateRestrictValidator available only on commons).

 Tomahawk has some validators defined on core:

t:validateCreditCard
t:validateEmail
t:validateEqual
t:validateRegExpr

This validators right now are defined on myfaces-commons.

 One question is if tomahawk core12 should have validators or converters
defined on its tld(but use the commons jar code), since the plan is that all
validators and converters should be on myfaces-commons.

 Other question after answer the first is what should happen on core branch:
deprecate the actual defined validators and remove it from core12, but where
should be the sandbox converters and validators? or maybe define it on
commons jsf11 branch, move all validators and converters from tomahawk and
release a myfaces-commons-xxxx 1.1.0? .

 This is why before I proposed a discussion a vote about myfaces-commons
layout. There are many alternatives we can do on this topic, but we need to
be precise about what to do.

 The only thing clear is that myfaces commons jsf11 branch should be used
for backports only.

The vote proposed is my humble opinion about what to do, but if there are
better ideas about what to do is the right time to say it.

Suggestions are welcome

regards

Leonardo Uribe