On 6/26/08, Volker Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > Does it really matter if there's a commons 1.1?   Tomahawk 1.1 is fast
>  > approaching the end of its lifecycle.
>

> Yes, it does. At least to me.
>
>  Commons1.1 is not a tomahawk1.1 extension, it should contain things
>  for jsf1.1 application developpers.
>  As long as there is active development in jsf1.1 applications, there
>  is a need for a commons1.1 version.
>
>  We are just going in production with a tobago/jsf1.1 application,
>  developed within the last three years,
>  and i can't see the time to switch to jsf1.2  in the next months while
>  we need to add extensions for specific customers.

Volker,

I'm not saying we shouldn't have a commons 1.1.   I think we should.
What I'm saying is that even if we do not have a commons 1.1, we
should stop maintaining the validators and converters as part of
Tomahawk.   If someone thinks they are worth supporting in 1.1, they
should so as part of commons 1.1.