> > s:validateCompareTo
> >
>  And all that code about independently converting a component's submitted
> value makes me a little nervous. It looks ok, but has anyone properly
> reviewed it?

The code was pretty much copied verbatim from the Myfaces JSF core.
In any case, the component has been used by several people for several
years now, and no one has complained.   If it's a problem down the
road, I'm sure someone will open a JIRA issue and we can address it at
that time.

> > In tomahawk core, the related files should be moved from sandbox/core to
> core. In tomahawk core12, a new  dependency to myfaces-commons-converters
> 1.2.x and myfaces-commons-validators 1.2.x should be added, so the tomahawk
> core12 tld reference validators and converters from these projects. This
> introduce a change because
> > the validatorId and converterId for this components changes (because this
> converters are defined on myfaces-commons) only on core12.
>
>  I don't like the idea of tomahawk1.x having these components internally,
> while tomahawk2.x uses the version from commons. It's ugly and confusing.
>
>  While code duplication is never nice, I think it would be better for
> tomahawk 1.1.x and 1.2.x to continue to have these components internally,
> and for commons to have a separate version. It also means that commons can
> clean up the API without breaking tomahawk users. Yes, it does mean having
> to apply fixes in two places (tomahawk, commons) but so does the alternative
> (tomahawk 1.x, commons).

I say we mark the tomahawk validator and converter components as
deprecated, leaving them as they are and where they are, and copy
everything to commons.

No one is forced to upgrade unless they need something fixed or
enhanced, but we don't maintain it in multiple places.