Hi,

Unlike JSP tags, facelet tags do not declare or validate attributes (ie
you can define any attributes you like on a facelet tag without getting
a "this attribute does not exist" error) [1], so the TCK presumably
would not be able to detect whether MyFaces has extended the spec with
custom attributes.

However my personal opinion is that adding custom behaviour to a
standard tag is *wrong* if the app would fail to work correctly when the
attributes are ignored. In other words, adding "optimisation" or
"debugging-helper" params is acceptable, but otherwise not.

Adding behaviour-changing features to standard tags is setting a
portability trap for users, where their app will silently fail to run
correctly when executed on a different JSF implementation. That seems
unacceptable to me, even if the TCK cannot technically detect it.

So for the two params you are proposing which are just performance
tweaks, just attributes on f:ajax, or using nested f:attribute seems ok.
But for the other one (queueLength?) I would strongly recommend an
mf:ajax or mf:attribute tag be created.

[1] At least, facelets for JSF1.2 works this way. I presume this hasn't
changed...

Regards,
Simon