Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Actually We probably can provide a non facelets based solution
under the myfaces umbrella, tomahawk, extensions or impl I donĀ“t care
but I am definitely sure we will be unable to provide it under
the standard f: tags...

+1 for a non facelet based solution...
As I was thinking about this bit more. I think we are now there that
JSP is officially (almost) dead. When you want to upgrade, by
simple replacing the JARs, this will work. Moving forward in your
project, by using the new introduced stuff, you have to use Facelets.

So, I am +1 for what Ganesh proposed (=> CORE)

I am not against an tomahawk:ajax tag, for JSP, if one want's that.

I am still -1 regarding a pure facelet based one, JSF is not dead, it is not
smelling yet...

no, but JSP

Sorry I have not had my coffee yet, I meant JSP when I wrote JSF...

Seriously most projects use facelets nowadays but I would not call JSP dead,

but they EG decided to add new things (e.g. f:ajax) only to the facelets view.

Yes I see that as problematic, I have to recheck the specs, I have not been to the component level yet, since all my work has been javascript mostly and a little bit of facesContext, if a pure facelets based renderer of a component can be used within jsp, I doubt it.

Werner